Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you see learning cooking, for a 17 year old?

The fact is that I am finishing 12th grade, well actually I just finished and aside from my driver's license and working out in the gym, I thought about cooking. Do you think It would be cool for a person my age to learn cooking. I live in a country where men are like bossy and big but not really cooks. What's your comment?How do you see learning cooking, for a 17 year old?
It's terrific that you have an interest in cooking. In some places age 17 is considered a legal adult and as such able to live on their own. If you will be going to secondary school and will be away from home it is a good idea to start learning how to do the basic skills in the kitchen. I was much older than you when I developed an interest in cooking. I wish I had started earlier. However, I have begun teaching my own children how to do basic things. I have a 12 year old that has already begun preparing simple meals using a microwave.A 15 yr old who can use the stove. The 18 year old even bakes . All 3 are boys and my husband has recently showed interest in preparing meals in the kitchen and not just upon the grill. Mom may not always be around so they need to know how to take care of themselves and to be a partner to any woman that may enter their lives and not their boss. In the end it will make all of them happier.

You will never regret learning how to do things for yourself and think of all the lovely extra cash you will have on hand to splurge on fun things because you won't be spending it all on fast foods and restaurants every day of the week.How do you see learning cooking, for a 17 year old?
Excellent:*) Keep up the good work!

Report Abuse


...it's totally awesome if you learned how to cook when you are 17 yrs old or below. I learned how to cook when i am 13 yrs. old. First i'm watching my mom cooking in our kitchen then I ask her to teach me how to cook. Since then I cook by myself. I really love to cook!!!!! So you should try to cook

Report Abuse


Cooking is great. My sons and I cook together all the time, not just barbecue but lots of other things.



The television is a great way to begin to learn how to cook. Watch Food Network, Top Chef, Take Home Chef, etc. Also, Bravo TVs website has some great instructional videos under the Top Chef section.



The most important thing is don't be afraid to try. If it turns out inedible, just figure out what you did wrong and try it over.



I just realized that you may also have been inquiring about cookign as a job. It is a tough way to make a living but very rewarding from what I understand. There are great cooking schools all over the world. If you want to read a no-nonsense book about life in the kitchen try ';Kitchen Confidential'; by Anthony Bourdain.
It's a wonderful and sexy skill to have. First of all, you'll soon be on your own and wouldn't it be nice to have good, nutritious homemade food rather than eating out all the time? Better for your budget as well! And every woman loves a man who can cook! It can be very sensual.
I would guess that no matter what country you live in, if you go to any restaurants you will still find a lot of men cooking in the kitchen. In the world of fine dining, many men still seem to be among the top chefs even though cooking is normally looked at like women's work. If you want to cook for a living you will be in excellent company, not to worry. And no you are not too young to start thinking about this. The best of the best in any field always seem to get their start from a young age.
Start with easy stuff to build your confidence. Get a basic cook book, nothing fancy. Try out some of the recipes and as you make them you will learn to add in something else or leave out what you don't like. I am surprised that you haven't cooked yet since you are 17. My kids learned to cook simple things at an early age. Try some of the boxed mac and cheese and rice dishes then just add whatever meat you like. Most meats you can either pan fry or bake in the oven. Or if you have it can grill.



Ask friends and family for some of their favorite recipes and then get cooking. Is easy. If you can read-you can cook.
Its great to learn how to cook because you dont have to rely on someone else to cook for you.You can learn by watching others like your mom or dad or other family members, reading cookbooks and watching tv cooking shows
well thats great for you!!cooking is fun and you'll enjoy it...i think you should try learning ot cook --but just keep in mind if you are going to do something do it for you no one else! and men are always bossy...lol..im 19 and im learning to cook ..sometimes i do really well and it feels great but other times not so good but thats just part of learning....
watch many cooking shows, get some cooking books, or simple recipes can start you off onthe right foot
  • love myspace
  • squirrel stalking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment