Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I prevent chicken from bleeding when I am cooking it? Is there any way to remove the blood prior to?

Sometimes when I cook chicken it bleeds, how can I avoid this? I can see the blood sometimes prior to my cooking it. I have tried to rinse it in lemon juice salt water but nothing so far has helped.How do I prevent chicken from bleeding when I am cooking it? Is there any way to remove the blood prior to?
There is a book titled How to cook everything, buy it. the trick to getting most of the blood out of poultry is to brine it and score the joints. When chicken is cooked 165 F at the thickest part it is usualy done, poke a hole in the thick part of the thie and breast if blood comes out it's not done. it the poultry looked good and you don't want to brown it too much then finish it in the microwave. waving it 1 munute at a time. then let it sit for at least 5 minutes. the juices will receed and the chicken will stay moist. the brine. use enough cold water to just cover the chicken. add 1/4 c kosher salt for every 2 c of water. place the chicken in the brine for 20 to 30 minutes, rince, drain and cook. most of the blood will stay in the joints and vain. score the chicken at the joints so you can actualy see the cartlidge, this will help the heat get too and cook the blood out easier. good luckHow do I prevent chicken from bleeding when I am cooking it? Is there any way to remove the blood prior to?
Wonderful answer. I can't think of anything to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment