Monday, December 12, 2011

I am trying to cook a cheesecake. How would I know if it is done cooking?

When I have the cheesecake in the oven, how do I know if it is done cooking? Would the toothpick test apply here?I am trying to cook a cheesecake. How would I know if it is done cooking?
No, toothpick tests are not for cheescakes. Jiggle it and if the center seems firm and doesn't budge, then it's set. If it's not set the center will look liquidy as you jiggle the cheesecake. Usually 50 minutes to an hour is right for almost all recipes. If the cheesecake has any cracks then it's been done for a little while.I am trying to cook a cheesecake. How would I know if it is done cooking?
smell?

idk
sure... but first make sure your helmet is on tight
A good cheesecake will begin to brown a little on the edges. it will be firm in the center too.
I use a really small, thin knife. I stick it in. If it comes out clean, it is done. Also remember that once it is out of the oven it will cook a little more. Don't dry it out
No toothpick test. Temperature and appearance of the surface. The cheesecake is done when the very center is 150 degrees F. Turn the oven off, leave the cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven, rest 1 hour more on the counter, wrap in plastic and cool overnight or at least 6 hours.



Cheesecake will not appear set in the oven when properly cooked. When you temp it, pay attention to the appearance of the cheesecake so you can learn by sight when it is done.
Must be some type of cheesecake I am not familiar with.



Check out http://www.cooks.com
The toothpick test wont work well. This is how to test it.

Gently shake the pan. The top of the cake should move as one solid piece, but its center should still be a tiny bit wobbly. Since it still bakes when it is taken out of the oven.
I don't like baked cheesecake, so i don't know but maybe when its golden brown?
Tap the sides of the pan and if the center ';jiggles'; slightly then it's done. Or when the cheesecake reaches 165 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment