Monday, December 12, 2011

How long is used cooking oil good for? I fried some lumpia(filipino egg rolls)yesterday can I use the same oil?

Can you re-use cooking oil or should I dump it out %26amp; is it better to use fresh cooking oil every time?How long is used cooking oil good for? I fried some lumpia(filipino egg rolls)yesterday can I use the same oil?
I usually get 3 uses out of my oil. I segregate one batch only for french fries though and any oil used to fry a meat product I use only for a similar food. Like I may fry shrimp and then fish in the same oil but not Taquito's. Keep it refrigerated in an airtight container to retard oxidation.How long is used cooking oil good for? I fried some lumpia(filipino egg rolls)yesterday can I use the same oil?
Sure, you can reuse it. You might need to filter out any particles, otherwise no problem. If your lumpia flavored the oil, think about what you're using the oil for next, to make sure there's not a flavor clash.
You can use it until it turns rancid.
strain out any crumbs which would probably be burnt, and the oil will be fine, you can probably strain it out one more time and use it again if you keep it in the fridge, and if you aren't going to be cooking with the oil for a long time today (like 20 minutes). but yes the oil will be perfectly finee to cook with today! hope this helps, have a good dinner/lunch/snack! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment